www.liberary.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.liberary.com

به‌خێر بێن بۆ ماڵپه‌ڕی کتێبخانه‌ی گشتی پردێ

HomeHome  البوابةالبوابة  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My expectation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
yherttert

My expectation Empty
PostSubject: My expectation   My expectation Icon_minitimeTue 24 May 2011, 10:14

My expectation

My expectation of a repetition of the meteoric shower at this place was so slight, that I had made little preparation for observing the heavens, although I looked out frequently after midnight. About half past three o'clock, finding that the meteors began to appear in unusual numbers, I directed my attention towards Tory Burch Sale the eastern part of the heavens, whence they appeared mostly to proceed, and closely watched the stars from the Great Bear on the north to Canis Major on the south, em bracing in my field of view about onethird of the firmament.It was soon discovered that nearly all the meteors shot Tory Burch Flats in directions which, on being traced back, met in one and the same point near the eye of Leo. For a quarter of an hour from half past three o clock, I counted twentytwo meteors, of which all but three emanated from the above radiant point. Ten left luminous trains; twelve were without trains; and the three that did not conform to the general direction, moved perceptibly slower than the others. The greatest part shot off to the right and left of the radiant, the majority tending south towards the heart of Hydra. The next fifteen minutes afforded but seven meteors, and the number gradually declined until daylight.The exact position of the radiant was Tory Burch Reva Flats near a small star forming the apex of a triangle with the two bright stars on the face of Leo, having a right ascension of 145, and declination of 25 degrees . Its place, therefore, was very nearly the same as in 1834, differing Tory Burch Outlet only half a degree in right ascension; and all the phenomena very much resembled those observed that year, except that they were on a scale somewhat inferior.New York." The annual recurrence of this phenomenon being a subject of much interest, the undersigned kept a careful watch on the night of Saturday, and morning of Sunday last, and is gratified in being able to announce the reappearance of this phenomenon with considerable brilliancy.teors were observed, but from eight o clock until near the dawn, successive flashes were observed in the east, supposed by some to be lightning. At eight o'clock, a very beautiful auroralight was seen, of a pinkish colour.

Back to top Go down

My expectation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.liberary.com :: مكتبه عامة :: به‌شی فێرکاری القسم التعليمى-
Jump to: